Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Rough and tumble


Unpublished post from July 26 2012

background story.
Our little Amelia is a high maintenance baby. She fooled us the first month or so by being so perfect, but ever since she started teething ( at 2 1/2 months), she demands me me me all the time. (And yes she really started teething that early the bottom teeth were fully popped thru by her 3 month birthday and two weeks later her top four popped thru and by four months she had 8 teeth. Watch out cause she is a vampire and will bite. She has always had a strong attachment to her mommy. Around 6-7 months she started having breath holding spells. http://www.webmd.com/parenting/tc/breath-holding-spells-topic-overview
She generally has them when I walk away from her. The first time it happened I was holding her and set her down at my feet to start cooking dinner. She let out a short single whine nothing else. I figured she was fine till I felt a tug on my pant leg and heard a thud. I turned to see her blue and passed out on the floor. She was only out for a few seconds. A few days later she was playing on the floor and I walked upstairs. I hear a thud, turn to find her in a seizing and losing consciousness.  Rushed her into the doctor only to be told it was bhs and I needed to see a psychiatrist.  She was only doing it for attention and to manipulate us.   Screw you doc,  but she has no control over. Whit thought I was exaggerating and a hypochondriac, till he witnessed it as well. There is nothing to do for them and children will grow out of it, around 6 to 8.  WHAT???? years of this. NO THANK YOU. I keep an eye out for them but try not to rush to her, if it is bad I will hold her until she is back and then set her back down.
On to today... Amelia has been sick off and on with a fever and a cough. Yesterday she had a fever and was real lethargic. She was following me down the stairs.  I reached the bottom of the stairs, turn to see her start a spell.  And in my worst parenting moment, I am not able to catch her before she tumbles down the stairs.  She is unconscious, gains consciousness and then immediately as another spell.  We rush her in, she gets an x-ray.   I am so grateful she is alive and no serious injuries. Black eyes heal and bruises fade.  For now I can't take my eyes off of her.



1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of the "bubbas boo boo" post I did when Henry fell off the slide.
    That is scary Sarah!

    ReplyDelete