Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pregnancy update

We are just waiting for baby Amelia's arrival. Besides the hormonal aspect of being pregnant it has been a pretty good pregnancy. I have felt great up until the past month and now I just feel as big as a house, as I waddle, yep I definitely waddle, from here to there. My mind seems to be slipping more and more the further along I am. Whit jokes that I can't even chew gum any more. That's because he eats more burnt dinners now because I honestly will forget that I am cooking.
I was measuring right along with the dates, then suddenly I jumped up a couple of weeks. So Dr. Brooke sent me for an ultrasound at 35 weeks.

According to the ultrasound I measured 39 weeks and 5 days. Amelia weighed 7lbs 11 oz. I know not to put too much stalk into though because they can be off by 2 lbs in either direction. Dr. Brooke wanted to start taking about induction dates for 39 week, but I wanted to just let things run there course. She is a little concerned that the placenta will not be able to keep up with baby Amelia. 37 week appointment I measured 42 and was 1 cm dilated. So at my 38 week appointment I measured 44. I was no longer dilated and my cervix was moving back up. She set up an induction date for the 21/22 and put me on the waiting list for anything sooner. I cried. Oh and she set me up for another ultrasound to check on everything. Although rationally I knew it was nothing to get upset or worried about I was just off my rocker. Whether it was the 2 day induction or the thought that I was digressing, I was sad and needed ice cream. I know not to put too much stock into it. Anything can happen, at anytime.

3 comments:

  1. Ice Cream makes the world an easier place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    YOu know, maybe your doctor's fingers were swollen on the day that she checked you and then the next time, she wasn't swollen?? Ha! I joke about fat doctor fingers, because during delivery with Titan, I kept telling the 6'5" dr. with massive hands/fingers to "get your FINGERS OUT! YOur killing me!"
    Hang in there! GOod luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would find a new doctor. How can she be concerned about your placenta and then sit and wait on it? yes, nature takes it course, but sometimes nature isn't kind. I sure hope things go well and you don't end up with an emergency c-section or worse. I have heard too many stories with unhappy endings concerning women left to "nature taking it's course"
    What a bunch of crap. Did you say anything to your DR? I would have been like, no way lady!

    ReplyDelete