Monday, January 4, 2010

Wesley Garrett Adams

Wesley Garrett Adams was born on December 28 2009 at 7:20 pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs 2.2 oz and was 20 inches in length.

Despite the concerns and beliefs that he would come early, he hung in there til his induction date. Sunday night, we both felt a little anxious, nervous and couldn't sleep knowing that we would finally meet our little man. Monday morning, we checked in at 7 am and by 8 o'clock I was all hooked up to the monitors. We had very little faith in the resident, and I don't think he was too confident in himself either. (We had a previous experience with him in which we doubted him a good deal.) He wouldn't ever tell us anything, only agree with the nurse, who double checked everything and was awesome. I was dialated to a 3 and was having regular contractions 2-3 minutes apart, but nothing strong enough to get things rolling. They started me on pitocin and antibiotics. Whit and I dozed off and on through out the morning til she broke my water at 1230. About 1 pm I finally began to feel the contractions but they were not bad. Around 145 they began to get intense, and by 2 I decided it was time to get the epidural. After that I fell asleep. Within 45 minutes of pushing and watching the Golden Girls, Wesley finally made his appearance. The entire process wasn't as scary as we had thought, and was actually very easy. The worse part has been the tears healing.

4 comments:

  1. well, congratulations and welcome to the world little wesley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take more pictures! I bet he's changed alot already-

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's almost a month old!


    Update :-)

    ReplyDelete